Here at All In Watersports we love standup paddleboarding. Not only is it a fun activity and a great way to get around, but it also allows us to get in some exercise while we have fun. These are the top 10 health benefits from SUP.
- Cardio: Due to the similarities between paddleboarding, running and other cardio activities, you’ll have improved cardio health and less risk for related diseases.
- Enhance Balance: SUP requires you to stand upright, which requires core stability and leg strength to keep balance.
- Low Impact on Joints: Due to the activity being low impact on your joints, it is very unlikely that you will do any damage to your ligaments or tendons.
- Strength: You will be sore after SUP, but the soreness is good in developing strength for your muscles.
- Stress Reduction: Being on the water reduces stress naturally. With SUP, you get the feeling of walking on water as you take in the surrounding sounds of nature as well.
- Rehabbing Injuries: Again, due to the low impact on the joints, you’ll be able to rehab injuries without risking further injury.
- Enhance Endurance: As you begin to notice that your balance is improving and your muscles are not getting as tired, then you know that your endurance has increased.
- Total body workout: The majority of your muscles are used during SUP. Due to the balance required, your leg muscles will be hard at work attempting to stabilize your center of gravity, while your arms, back and shoulders are used to propel the paddleboard in the water. Your core, back and ab muscles are constantly at work to maintain balance.
- Engage with Nature: In addition to the vitamin D that you’ll receive, engaging with nature will give you greater mental peace and health.
After you’ve completed your water adventure with us, take the family to the one of the great museums the Florida Keys has to offer this summer. Below are the top 10 for 2017.
- The Ernest Hemingway Home & Museum
- Harry S. Truman Little White House
- US Coast Guard Cutter Ingham Maritime Museum
- Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center
- Mel-Fisher Maritime Heritage Museum
- Key West Lighthouse and Keeper’s Quarters
- Key West Art and Historical Society Custom House Museum
- Key West Firehouse Museum
- Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum
- Alan S. Maltz Gallery
This is our favorite recipe for Key Lime Pie that we’d like to share with you as it is the signature dessert of the Florida Keys. Enjoy a taste of our paradise at home!
You will need the following ingredients:
- A single graham cracker crust, ideally 9 inches
- Grated lime zest, 1 tablespoon
- Sour creamp, ½ cup
- Sweetened condensed milk, 3 cups
- Key lime juice ¾ cup
Once you’re ready with the ingredients, follow these baking instructions:
- You will then preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Then combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind in a bowl. Mix it well and pour in the graham cracker crust.
- Bake it in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes. Once the pinhole bubbles burst it will be ready. Make sure it is not brown. Let the pie cool off for a few minutes before serving.
- Feel free to add slices of lime to top it off.
Aside from the weather being perfect year round, the food is just as flawless in Islamorada. The cuisine is unbelievable no matter where you go. We recommend eating lightly before you come out on the water. On many of our charters, we offer snacks and drinks!. But afterwards, we recommend any of the following places:
- Midway Café & Coffee Bar – for a casual breakfast or lunch!
- Chef Michael’s – for a fine dining experience
- MEAT Eatery and Taproom – if you’re craving red meat instead of fish!
- Lazy Days- a beautiful Oceanside meal with a huge menu
- Morada Bay – famous for its giants cocktils
- Green Turtle Inn – a classic Islamorada hotspot
- Oo-tray – if you’re into trendy cocktails and small plates
We strive to make sure that your experience is outstanding with us every time. In doing so, we want to make sure that you’re comfortable during your adventure. This includes your attire. For ladies, we suggest wearing a swimsuit that you’re comfortable in. If you must don a lifevest, a one-piece will likely be more comfortable. If you choose a two-piece swimsuit, we recommend that it have no strings. Remember to leave your jewelry at your hotel or locked safely in your car. For the gentlemen, we suggest wearing any shorts that is knee length, but not any longer as it might drag down or get caught in anything and not too short as it might expose the legs to sunburn or any injury.
Yes, you will look extremely cool wearing your fashionable sunglasses in the photographs while you’re doing one of the adventures. You will get a lot of likes on your social media channels as well. But the reality of watersports and sunglasses is that your sunglasses won’t always survive your charter. The ocean has collected scores of sunglasses through the years – both ours and our guests! We encourage you not to wear sunglasses due to the risk of losing them while jet skiing and parasailing. For kayaking and standup paddleboarding, the risk is not as high. Again, please take precaution and use sunglass retainers/straps.
Unless you plan on visiting all of the Florida Keys, you really don’t need a car to get around. We recommend leaving your car at your hotel’s designated parking for the duration of your stay. Instead, you should rent a bicycle either from your hotel or from any of the bicycle rental shops. This will allow you to have more efficient mobility around town as parking is not easy to come by. It will also let you take in the true island feel of the Florida Keys as you discover the various avenues and their beauty. If you’re not into riding bikes, we also suggest renting a scooter. Again, you can rent one from your hotel or from one of the local scooter rental shops. They over both single person or double seated scooters. The scooters will give you more speed to get around see more of the Florida Keys. If you’re really into adventure, we recommend a long board skateboard. This is similar to Stand Up Paddleboarding but with wheels. This is by far the best way to see the Florida Keys and get an exercise.
Everyone needs to experience the paradise that is the Florida Keys. It is one of the few places in the United States that is the definition of a tropical escape. You’ll find the ideal places for relaxation and tranquility as well as places for excitement and enjoyment. Many tourists consider Orlando and Miami as the main destinations in Florida, but for the ones that have made the journey to the Florida Keys, they get a memorable experience that they will never forget. Below are some of the reasons as to why you should consider visiting the Florida Keys:
- State Parks and Beaches
- Historical Center of Key West
90 Miles from Cuba landmark
- Dive incredible coral reefs
- Watersports (visit us for incredible adventures)
- Food! Taste the best seafood in Florida that just can’t be matched!
Looking to getaway this Winter? Find paradise in the Florida Keys when you visit us! Below are some reasons why you should consider spending winter with us:
- Temperatures in the mid 70’s to low 80’s
- Water temperatures are very enjoyable to refresh yourself
- Enjoy outdoor dining at practically all of our local restaurants
- No need for heavy clothing, just a light sweater is perfect